Well. This has been quite the week for news, hasn’t it? More than that, it’s been quite the week for anger and vitriol and finger-pointing (from every side) about what is right and what is wrong–especially if your last name is Jenner. Interestingly enough, it is just barely mid-week and the main story in the news…isn’t really the main story…for any of us.
Somehow, in the midst of all of the goings-on, I think we’ve managed to miss a few things.
Here’s the real news:
- There’s actually something wrong with all of us. What’s wrong with us is that we’re all flawed and we’re all sinful…all of us.
- NONE of us have gotten it every bit right so far…and we never will as long as we’re still on this planet.
- Perhaps the saddest news of all is when someone (anyone!) is unaware of who they are created to be…in Christ.
- When someone doesn’t have that knowledge, it is absolutely impossible for their lives to look like they have that knowledge.
- LOVE does not equal APPROVAL of every action or attitude. It isn’t even acceptance of every action or attitude. Love is a lot tougher than that…and a lot more resilient than we ever give it credit for being.
- If I focus on the things that still need to be fixed in ME, I won’t have time to finger-point…at anyone.
Here’s the better news:
- God still loves us!
- God didn’t wait for us to get it all together and act like we should before He decided to love us…or show us how MUCH He loves us!
- There’s still time to act like we know and believe that.
How will you LOVE today? How will you LIVE HIM today? How will you entice the world to want to know our God today? (Hint: They ARE all the same thing!)
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” John 3:16-17
Grace & Peace!