Thank you for THIS day:
- the one with the problems I don’t have solutions for,
- the one with the questions with no answers,
- the one with the wearied spirit I don’t always talk about,
- the one with the people-shaped problems,
- the one with the needs I can’t meet and the issues that are WAY over my head,
- the one with the hurts that haven’t healed and the frustrations that didn’t even make this list.
Thank You for THIS day–
- the one with all the beauty I might have seen, but not commented on because I was in a rush,
- the one with all the people I love, but haven’t told today,
- the one with all of the blessings I overlooked because I was too focused on the blessings I’m still asking for, and
- the one with the difficulties I might have allowed to loom larger than even You.
Help me to reset and refocus my vision on You, the Giver of all life and the Source of all strength. Help me to seek You first and walk in the way You have prepared for me and choose You and Your way even when it might seem strange or at odds with conventional wisdom and, perhaps, even against the advice of my most trusted ones. Give me the eyes to see You even when I might feel overwhelmed by the doubt and darkness in the world around me. Help me to bless and not curse my own life by choosing to be less than You have called me to be. Give me courage to choose the God-thing over the good thing and give me the opportunity to speak Your name in praise as I do so. Soften my heart and sharpen my desire for Your Word. Grant me deeper understanding so I can share more of You as I move through Your world and help me to use the resources You’ve provided just as You have intended. Grant me peace, Father, and help me to rest in You and give You praise for all my questions because You are all my answers.
Thank you for this day, Father God. Thank you for Your grace in THIS day.